What is Eco-Therapy?
Eco-Therapy uses nature in therapy. It holds the idea that we are part of a larger ecosystem.
How is Eco-Therapy incorporated into therapy?
Eco-Therapy can be used in different ways such as:
- nature based sessions
- natural objects and/or imagery in the office or in our imagination
How Can it Help?
- Time in nature is shown to calm down our nervous system, relieve anxiety and decrease depression.
- Mother nature offers a space that can hold all of our thoughts and feelings
- Nature gives us a bigger perspective on our life and problems
- Nature helps us slow down, drop into our senses and be present in the moment
- Nature is beautiful and brings us joy!